The Holmstead Family

The Holmstead Family

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I Like Myself

Laying in bed last night trying to fall back to sleep after getting up with Meagan for the third time I suddenly had a thought.  I like myself.  Its only taken me 27 years to come to that conclusion.  Yes, I know I have a long way to go before I am perfect in any way.  Yes, I know that my body is definitely not what it used to be.  Yes, I know that I have a lot of things to improve.  BUT the big thing is that I can like myself for who I am now while I make those improvements.  Maybe that wouldn't be a big ah-hah moment for most people but for me it was an epiphany.  One that I think will help me on the journey to becoming perfect.  Isn't that the goal in life?

1 comment:

  1. You should like yourself! So many people just don't, and it's sort of sad, really. Since you have to live with yourself all the time.

    ReplyDelete