The Holmstead Family

The Holmstead Family

Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas Party for the Richins

I forgot to mention that on Saturday we attended the Richins family Christmas party.  It is for Bucky's great grandma Marie Richins Littleford.  She is the sweetest coolest old lady ever.  We take her dinner every Thursday night.  She's alwaysmaking us laugh.  Like the time Bucky was taking the baby from her and she said, "Now don't be getting frisky!"  Embarrassed him to death!  Of course, his aunts and uncles were all sitting there to so now it is a family joke.  Anyway, we have been trying to get a 5 generation picture since Meagan was born and we finally succeeded.  (Will post later!)  The only problem was I got the 5 generations but then the camera died so I didn't get a picture with Meagan sitting on her first Santa Claus.  She loved the \beard! 

They decorated Christmas cookies and both Erin and Levi managed to get covered in frosting.  They had a blast though.  Santa brought them a guitar and a mic (complete with amplifier).  He forgot the batteries.  Oops (Bad mama!)

We did a white elephant and Bucky and I took this ancient typewriter we've been packing around for eons.  They did the tell the story and pass everything to the right or left.  It was hilarious to watch everyone passing this heavy big package around.  It was the first one opened and everyone had a good laugh.  I think it was the hit of the evening. 

Another Christmas party survived!

1 comment:

  1. Your white elephant comment reminded me of one from right after Tyson and I were married. You remember our old neighbor Lasca? Well, for our wedding she gave us her old iron (with a duct taped cord) in a new iron box. So we took it to the Murphy family party. Everyone thought that was pretty funny. I kind of wish I'd kept that old thing though. I bet it's the kind that would have lasted another 30 years.

    ReplyDelete